Monday, December 30, 2013

Final 2013 Monday Meal Planning

Yeah, I skipped last week.  I was already in the midst of Christmas prep, and I knew that was all we'd be eating for the rest of the week.  I'm still eating it!  I finished the trifle this morning, and I froze the remaining turkey & gravy.  I still have left over veggies and Seitan Roast for dinner tonight.  Yesterday, I made Jools' Sweet Pea & Shrimp Pasta Shells again, so I have the remainder of that for lunch today.  I'm waiting for tomorrow's pay cheque to replenish the fridge.  There is still plenty in the freezer to work with.


http://athomewithmrsm.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/meal-planning-monday-30th-december-2013.html


I'd like to make a couple of golden oldies for New Year's Day:

Ground Beef Wellington
Sweet Leek & Turkey Pie

I'm sure those will hold us over to the weekend.  I also have a ton of fresh beets left to eat, so I can have beet salad with feta if I need a quick lunch.  I watched an episode Save With Jamie yesterday, and it reminded me to make up some individual smoothie bags for the freezer, from the left over fruit that was starting to go soft.  A smoothie makes a great breakfast or snack, any time of day!

I don't really have any New Year's resolutions this holiday season.  My one-year Jamie magazine subscription has run out, so I should revisit the issues I received and cook at least one recipe from each in 2014 (seasonally, of course).  I have more Jamie Oliver Discovers Canada treats from Sobey's to review.  I'm looking forward to today's Channel 4 (UK) broadcast of  Jamie's Festive Feasts, which hopefully I can access online tonight.  No doubt there'll be something from that I'll want to try as well!

Happy New Year to everyone reading.  Here's to a great 2014!

3 comments:

  1. Best wishes to you and yours from the Netherlands. Thanks for inspiring me to try out new recipes and discover new taste combinations. Over Christmas we cooked a pasta dish from a Belgian tv cook. Another succes. But I am sure to come back to your blog and Jamie in 2014! PS no snow here at all and temperatures around 10C = very warm, even for Dutch winters!
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fair enough, my love. It's been a busy month!!! I just wanted to drop by and say happy holidays - I'm so glad to have found you. Power to the real food peeps! xoxoxxo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, you inspire me! I'm going to try and blog more regularly in the new year, because I'll be baking more often with the kids closer to home and taste testers around. ;) Hope you have a wonderful New Year's Eve!

    ReplyDelete